Sunday, February 1, 2009

The most beautiful place in the world

If you ask me anyway.



Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia. The world's largest mirror. The place I would most like to go.

And just a little more beauty for today:

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
by E. E. Cummings

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look will easily unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens;only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

4 comments:

  1. Fucking E.E. Cummings. In today's age he would have grammar Nazis upon him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Carolyn's "what the hell" and raise her a "fuck, Kendra!"

    This is a beautiful poem. Fuck Nazi grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to read it because it is not in the proper grammatical format.

    ReplyDelete