Thursday, December 25, 2008

Aloha



I just watched the documentary, "Step Into Liquid" and I had a mini epiphany that I know I've had before and that isn't really entirely remarkable. But.

I've been existential crisis-ing a lot lately and I haven't been exactly sure why. I mean, it's a number of things, but the main one, or the overarching theme of the whole crisis, I know now, is a sense of directionless-ness. I watch this movie and no one in it seems to have that and it's because they've all got surfing. They have one thing that they want to do every day and that will make them happy no matter what. So that's what I want: passion as a guiding force.

I don't know if I've found it yet or I still have some more searching to do but I know that's the key to everything good in the world. And it's not too late, I'm sure. I'll find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment