Saturday, January 3, 2009

What do I have in common with Tegan Quin of Tegan and Sara?



Congenital Ptosis! I'll allow Tegan to explain it:



I actually didn't find out what this was called until recently, but I've always known that my right eyelid droops more than my left one. It's called Ptosis, and it's really not a big deal. For some people it only happens to them when they age, but for me and people like Tegan, it is an inherited condition already in effect at birth.

What I think is cool is that not only do I have it in common with Tegan Quin, but I also have it in common with several of my ancestors on my mother's side of my family, including:

My Great-Great-Great Grandfather



My Great-Great Grandmother



I like that I have this small thing in common with my ancestors. So I'm not going to change it. Plus I wouldn't get a surgery for cosmetic reasons only.

I guess that's where Tegan and I differ. Brings new meaning to the lyric, "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive." Lol.

6 comments:

  1. Noooo, she shouldn't get surgery! Doesn't she realize that she'll be removing herself from the ranks of famous ptosis-ers that include Salman Rushdie, Forest Whitaker, and Thom Yorke (that skinny Radiohead guy)? For God's sake, I researched this! On Google and everything! She must listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It helps me tell her apart from her sister.

    She should own her Ptosis! I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have this too.

    ReplyDelete