Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hat on Stick

So a couple weeks ago I went to the rally in support of Planned Parenthood with some frendz. Why? Because I am what a feminist looks like! Just look at the button I got if you don't believe me.

Okay well I lied about the button, they had them but I never got one. Double drat! But anyway, oh man I had so much fun! Things got so crazy I almost burned my bra!

Really though, some weird stuff went down, and that's because weird stuff always goes down at rallies. Especially when those rallies are in Manhattan.

The weirdest thing I saw was this:



What does this mean, exactly? Is there something political about this hat that I'm not understanding? Is it just supposed to be hilarious or is there a deeper meaning?

Anyway, I felt the rally feeling like a super feminist, and at least a little confused. But that's better than being confused and just an OK feminist, which is how I usually feel.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this again and it struck me that maybe this is someone's way of trying to locate someone else at the rally. Like when you tie a ribbon around your luggage so you can differentiate it from all the other luggage....Feminism/Planned Parenthood good causes. So hats off to that! ~mlk

    ReplyDelete