Thursday, October 14, 2010

Seize the day boys

I've had some weird memento mori moments recently and both of them were dumb.

The first occurred in a pet store, obviously. Ashley and I were passing one of these hideous monsters in a tank with some other fish

when all of a sudden it just fucking inhaled this little baby fish! And when he spit it out, the tiny fish had no more head! I was like "Holy shit Ashley, did you see that?! I can't believe we just saw that!" And she was like, "Jordan stop staring at it, God." Then she went to look at the birds. All the while this half a fish was just like floating at the top of the tank and getting blown around by the filter. I was memorized.

The second momento mori moment happened this morning when I was walking to class. I was walking toward Broadway when I heard a very loud thud. When I looked at the intersection, there was a guy flying through the air! It was a biker, and he was in the process of being hit by a fucking TAXI! It literally looked like this except with a taxi instead of a regular car obv:

Instead of dying, the guy just got up off the ground, gave a thumbs up to the cabby and walked away! Meanwhile I was just standing there like "*GASP*" Literally, I think I said something like "JESUS!" I couldn't even help myself. I told people about it when I got to class and they were like, "Fuck, man, wow..." and I was like, "I know!"

Count your blessings everyone. I've counted twice recently. Life is so fragile. You just never know.

2 comments:

  1. memorized? hmm...perhaps you mean mesmerized...I would say you were "all shook up!" ~ your editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, busy day and you even turned to Jesus...! ;)

    ReplyDelete